Modern kitchens these days are tricked out with all of the latest technology. This includes having a place for everything and everything in its place (hiding clutter, from sponges to electric outlets). Double ovens, warming drawers, convection ovens and wine refrigerators are on everyone’s wish lists.
Well, not on everyones’ wish list..This bohemian would like to forget all the bells and whistles and go back to the simplistic elegance of the bohemian kitchen. Yes, some would say its cluttered..for me that just means bliss.
The same design elements appear in bohemian kitchen design as they did in bohemian room design.
Here are the simple ways to bring bohemian flair to your kitchen.
1. Color!!! Some of my favorite boho kitchen bring in colorful tiles.
2. Combining a mix of vintage furniture from different eras.
3. Upcycle! Get creative… Think of new ways to use old items. Below we see home owners have used old coffee and tea tins as utensil holders. They have recycled old wine crates and made cabinet doors from the wood. They have also broken old ceramic plates and made a mosaic backslash. The possibilities are endless!
4. Bright fabrics with ethnic patterns from around the world. Mix in ethnic rugs or fabrics with bright solids with suzani, ikat, jacobean, Aztec/western, sunburst, paisley, skins and stripes.
6. Art Work! This is my favorite thing in Bohemian spaces! You must MUST have a gallery wall full of different types of artwork. Have unique pieces; cutting boards, bowls, or framed art.
7. Groovy, eclectic light.. in this case.. the bigger and weirder the better!